Friday, October 23, 2015

Children see what you do



Ever wonder why some children shout at their own parents? Do you ever wonder why they talk back at their elders? Children see what adults do. When they see, they do.

I have personally experienced being shouted upon by my firstborn when he was a still a toddler. I was really mad when he shouted at me. I felt humiliated, disrespected and hurt. Then, I asked myself, "Where does he get this kind of attitude?" Then, I remembered shouting at him when I was cranky or when he was too messy with his food.  He might have felt humiliated. He might have felt hurt too.

From then on, I stopped shouting at him. When he does something wrong, I ask him if he thinks it was right or wrong. I do my best to let him understand his own mistakes by talking to him and not shouting at him. 

This kind of approach influences him. He shows me more love and respect. He refrains from shouting at us, his parents. 

Below is a clip that would show you how children see, and how greatly the adults they live with influences their behavior. Feel free to watch it. :D

credits to the uploader and the owner of the video
Till next time! 


Got some comments to tell? Share it with me!



Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment